Microsoft Project Training
Learn to schedule and track your project with Microsoft Project!
- Part 1 covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project 2016 during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project 2016 and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
- Part 2 covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks.
- Manage resources in a project plan.
- Finalize a project plan.
- Update a project plan to reflect progress as you execute the project.
- Monitor project progress in the project plan.
- Adjust the project plan to control constraints.
- Create project reports to share a project’s status.
- Customize project settings and share customizations with other projects.
The Microsoft Project Part 1 course is designed to be completed in 1-day and Part 2 in 1-day (total 2 days) The students will be provide a virtual lab to access Microsoft Project. If students are participating remotely – they should have two monitors.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
Topic B: Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
Topic A: Create a New Project Plan Topic B: Define a Project Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Creating and Organizing Tasks
Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
Topic B: Import Tasks From Other Programs
Topic C: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
Topic D: Define Task Relationships Topic E: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Project Plan Resources
Topic A: Add Resources to a Project Plan
Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
Topic B: Set a Baseline
Topic C: Share a Project Plan
Lesson 1: Executing a Project
Topic A: Enter Task Progress
Topic B: Update Task Progress with SharePoint
Topic C: Update Work
Topic D: Update Costs
Lesson 2: Monitoring Project Progress
Topic A: View Project Progress
Topic B: Add Custom Fields
Topic C: Create Custom Views
Topic D: Create a Network Diagram
Topic E: Analyze a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Controlling a Project Plan
Topic A: Edit the Task List
Topic B: Reschedule Tasks
Topic C: Update a Baseline
Lesson 4: Reporting on Progress
Topic A: Format and Share a Chart View
Topic B: View Existing Reports
Topic C: Create Custom Reports
Topic D: Create a Visual Report
Lesson 5: Customizing the Application
Topic A: Change Project Options
Topic B: Create a Project Plan Template
Topic C: Share Resources
Topic D: Link Project Plans
Appendix A: Extending Project with Macros and Apps
Want to Learn More … Contact Us!
… to get more information on our upcoming schedule or to schedule this session for your team!